Corpses lie in the streets: The number of dead pilgrims continues to rise in Mecca (video)

The temperature in Mecca has already exceeded 50 degrees. Representatives of at least 10 countries, including the Russian Federation, died during the pilgrimage.

The death toll during the Hajj to Mecca in Saudi Arabia has exceeded 1,000 people. Authorities officially reported 500 deaths. But the majority of those who died from sunstroke and heatstroke were apathetic believers. The Guardian reports this.

Nearly 10 countries reported 1,081 deaths during the Hajj, the pilgrimage to Mecca that every devout Muslim must make at least once in his life.

It was reported that 658 pilgrims died in Egypt alone. In other words, the number of 500 people officially announced by Saudi Arabia clearly does not correspond to reality.

At least 14 Malaysians, 183 Indonesians, 68 Jordanians, 35 Pakistanis, 35 Tunisians, 11 Iranians and 98 Indians were killed, according to officials in each country. Jordan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said 22 more Jordanians were hospitalized and 16 were missing. The Russian Consulate General reported four deaths.

The main cause of death is excessive heat. On June 17 alone, the temperature in the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca reached 51.8 degrees Celsius. As of June 16, more than two thousand pilgrims had gone to hospitals due to the heat, Saudi officials reported.

The Hajj, whose timing is determined according to the Islamic lunar calendar, coincided with the hot Saudi summer again this year. The timing of the pilgrimage moves back about 11 days each year on the Gregorian calendar, meaning it will take place early next year, possibly in June, under cooler conditions.

A study published in Saudi Arabia last month said temperatures in the region were rising by 0.4 degrees Celsius every decade.

Every year, tens of thousands of pilgrims attempt to participate in the Hajj illegally because they cannot afford official permits, which are often expensive. Often people save money for the Hajj throughout their lives.

Saudi Arabian authorities this month said they were evacuating hundreds of thousands of unregistered pilgrims from Mecca, but many were still seen attending the main ceremonies that began last Friday. This group was more vulnerable because without official permits they could not access air-conditioned facilities designed to cool the 1.8 million authorized pilgrims.

In the video shared by Turkish tour operator Yasemin Mercan on social media, exhausted pilgrims can be seen lying on the roadsides around Mecca.

Warning, shocking content 18+

Merjan’s footage also shows some pilgrims helping local officials load the bodies of the dead in shrouds onto cars to be taken away. All of the dead will be buried in Saudi Arabia, and Mecca authorities have already said they will try to notify their relatives, but this is almost impossible given the number of “illegal immigrants”.

“This year has been very difficult. The number of dead and missing pilgrims is very high,” Merjan said. said.

While the Saudi Arabian government launched a campaign called “No Hajj Without Permission” this year to prevent a repeat of the deadly stampede in 2015, Mecca officials emphasized that anyone who tries to enter the holy city without the necessary permission will be punished. are subject to heavy penalties and fines. Last year, various countries reported more than 300 deaths during the Hajj, mostly Indonesians.

Let’s remember that at the beginning of the Hajj to Mecca, news of 14 deaths came. This was stated by Jordanian officials. But soon the media began to report that there were many more dead and that most of them were Egyptian.

Source: Focus

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

Gal Gadot conquers the network with her curves

Source: Heraldo...

Pharmaceutical companies agree to negotiate prices on 10 important drugs, Biden administration says

President Joe Biden's government has taken a new step in negotiations to lower Medicare drug prices, confirming that the first drug companies have agreed...

Range Rover, new electric teasers. Road testing began on December 13, 2023 0

Land Rover opened a waiting list for the next one Range Rover Electric which, according to the car manufacturer, will "The quietest and most...

Trump Attorney Reportedly ‘Misled’ About Mar-a-Lago Search

Lawyer Donald TrumpPresident Evan Corcoran told colleagues that after the former president was subpoenaed over secret documents the government believed he still had in...